header background image
Current Weather 27° F
  • Contact Information



    7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

    Contact Us

    3500 Illinois St.
    Suite 2350
    Laramie Building
    Golden, CO 80401

    View Map


    Ronda Frazier, CA

  • Chronological History of Jeffco – the 1900s


    August 3, 1900

    Colorado State Home and Industrial School for Girls, established by statute in 1887 for wayward girls ages 6-18,  moves to Morrison in Jefferson County.  The name was changed to Mount View Girl's School in 1961. 


    Edgewater incorporated. 


    Coal mining company town of Leyden established.


    Camp George West established as Colorado National Guard’s Rifle Range.


    Jewish Consumptive Relief Society (JCRS) founded in Lakewood as a non-sectarian sanatorium to treat tuberculosis patients in all stages of the disease.  Patients came from all over North America and were admitted free of charge.  The Sanatorium was headed by Dr. Charles Spivak and Phillip Hillkowitz.

    August 1904

    Arvada incorporated.

    October 11, 1904

    Town of Mountain View, or "Mount View," incorporated. 


    Cheesman Dam on South Platte River, world’s tallest dam at 221 feet tall, completed. 

    August 9, 1905

    Evangelical Lutheran Sanitorium established in Wheat Ridge, becomes Lutheran Hospital. 

    January 29, 1906

    Town of Morrison incorporated. 

    May 31, 1906

    Earliest documented performance at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, “Grand Opening of the Garden of the Titans,” takes place. 


    Death of alleged Colorado cannibal Alferd Packer, a resident of Deer Creek after his release from prison in 1901. 

    April 9, 1907

    Thirty square mile extreme southern tip of Jefferson County transferred to Park County. 

    November 12, 1907

    Small town of Lakeside incorporated. 


    Crown Hill Cemetery established. Tower of Memories built in 1926-1948.

    Harrisburg changes its name to Westminster. 
    "M" emblem for the Colorado School of Mines placed on Mount Zion by students and faculty. 

    May 31, 1908

    Lakeside Amusement Park opens. 

    July 30, 1908

    First automobile ascent of Castle Rock on South Table Mountain near Golden made by George Hering of Denver in his new 20-horsepower Stanley Steamer. 


    Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini purchases Lookout Mountain property above Jackson Gulch on which she built a summer home for Denver orphans. The stone house was completed in 1914.