• Contact Information

    Assessor's Office


    Monday - Friday
    7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

    Contact Us

    100 Jefferson County Parkway
    Suite 2500
    Admin and Courts Facility
    Golden, CO 80419

    View Map

    Taxpayer Services

    Fax: 303-271-8660

    Real Estate Information

    Fax: 303-271-8660

    Business Personal Property

    Fax: 303-271-8660

  • Appealing Your Business Personal Property Valuation (Business Equipment)


    The assessor mails a notice of valuation for business personal property to the owner on June 15. If the owner believes the assessor has incorrectly valued or classified the personal property, an appeal may be filed between June 15 and June 30.

    Appeal Options

    Mail or Fax:  

    • You may mail to:
                         Ron Sandstrom 
                        Jefferson County Assessor 
                        100 Jefferson County Pkwy. 
                        Golden, CO 80419
    • You may fax to 303-271-8616 
    • You May File Online at:    Personal Property Online Protest E-Form Filing
    • Your protest submission must be POSTMARKED OR TRANSMITTED BY FAX NO LATER THAN June 30.



    In Person: If you appeal in person, you must do so before the close of business on June 30 at the assessor's office, 100 Jefferson County Pkwy., Golden, CO 80419

    • This is the most effective option because more information can be exchanged. 

    How to Appeal an Assessment

    To appeal an assessment, you should explain why you believe the value is wrong and provide any combination of the following:

    • Copies of depreciation schedules
    • Income tax filing
    • A list of all equipment owned
    • A complete list of equipment that is leased, loaned or rented by the business.


    The list or schedules should reflect what was owned on January 1 and identify disposals prior to January 1. Disposals after January 1 are not prorated for the current tax year.

    What to Expect After You Appeal 

    If you appeal, we will mail you a response by the last working day in July; that response will explain how to appeal to the County Board of Equalization (County Commissioners) if you are still dissatisfied. The County Board of Equalization (CBOE) starts meeting in September.

    If you wish to appeal a CBOE decision, you must do so within 30 days of the decision. Your options will be described in the board's response.