Community Assistance - Medicaid and Children's Health Plan Plus
Aid to the Blind | Aid to the Needy and Disabled | Burial Assistance
Child Care Assistance | Colorado Quest/EBT Card| Colorado Works/TANF
Food Assistance | General Assistance
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus | Medicare Savings Program
Old Age Pension | Telephone Assistance Program
Medicaid and Children’s Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
Family Medicaid provides assistance with medical expenses for eligible, low-income Colorado resident families and pregnant women. Children's Health Plan Plus is a low-cost health insurance program for eligible children and pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid. Which program you qualify for depends on the ages of your children, your income and the size of your family. Medicaid/CHP+ is available to all eligible individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religious or political beliefs.
To get started our office must receive:
- A completed application
The following documentation:
- If you are applying for both medical and financial assistance you will need to complete the Application for Assistance.
- If you are applying for medical assistance ONLY, you can complete the Colorado Medical Assistance Application.
- Application for Medicaid and/or CHP+ can also be made at local hospitals, schools and health departments.
- Proof of income for all household members
- Social Security numbers for all individuals applying for assistance
- Original proof of identity and citizenship for all individuals applying for assistance
- Proof of pregnancy – if applicable
- Proof of child support being paid – if applicable
Once the completed application is received:
- A face to face interview is NOT required to process your application for Medicaid and/or CHP+.
- It can take up to 45 days, per processing guidelines, to process the completed application for Medicaid and/or CHP+.
- You can check the status of your application online by visiting the PEAK website. (Program Eligibility Application Kit)
For more information on Medicaid and/or CHP+, visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing Web page.
Last Modified: Nov 26, 2012 11:33 AM