The Division of Children, Youth and Families investigates allegations of child abuse and neglect. The Division provides protective services to children and youth who are at-risk, or are victims of child abuse or neglect. Jefferson County uses family engagement to provide services and support for the children, youth and families in the child welfare system.
To promote the safety, well-being and permanency for children, youth and their families.
A community of safe and stable families.
- Professionalism - Develop employees who conduct themselves ethically and professionally.
- Family Empowerment - Involve families in decision making, mentoring and advocacy to promote self-sufficiency.
- Cultural Competency - Understand and respect the unique characteristics of clients in the community and promote the use of multiple approaches for addressing people's needs.
- Partnering - Promote collaboration within the Division of Children, Youth and Families, and the Department of Human Services and with families, community resources and other agencies.
- Accountability and evaluation - Use and evaluate public resources responsibly and evaluate effectiveness of services.
Last Modified: Nov 30, 2012 11:41 AM