Diversion Mission Statement
Diversion Services offers an alternative to traditional prosecution and probation, protecting the community with appropriate supervision, rehabilitation, and education through a focused intervention model.
Goals and Objectives
- Deter offenders from committing additional criminal acts.
- Assist the District Attorney’s Office, the courts, and the jail by reducing the number of cases within the system.
- Provide an alternative to conviction/adjudication.
- Help make the victim whole through restitution.
- Hold client/defendant accountable for their actions and choices.
- Monitor and assist clients/defendant with compliance with court orders.
- Through assessments, assist clients/defendant in making positive changes in their life.
- Provide risk assessments to determine appropriate level of supervision of clients/defendants ensuring community safety.
- Facilitate groups, provide educational programs/classes and referrals to community based programs to assists clients/defendants in gaining life skills ( i.e. decision making, choices, problem solving, anger management, respecting others, parenting, ethics, budgeting, etc.) to promote pro-social behaviors and to be productive members of society.
- Provide referrals and resources to parents of juvenile offenders.
- Utilize community service opportunities to help clients/defendants learn to
contribute to society.
- Address substance abuse issues promoting sobriety and making referrals to drug/alcohol treatment programs.
- Work with clients/defendants with mental health issues, encouraging proper use of medications and referrals to treatment specialist.
Home|Power Against Fraud|ECU|Calendar|Diversion
Discovery|Victim Witness Assistance
Last Modified: Oct 11, 2012 04:03 PM