• Jefferson County District Attorney Banner
  • Consumer Fraud Complaints

    Nonpayment of Wages-Salaries-Bad Checks Issued for Wages Complaints

    Please contact the U.S. Department of Labor View exit disclaimer policy page for links to third-party websites. or the Colorado Department of Labor. View exit disclaimer policy page for links to third-party websites. If these agencies are unable to help, you have the right to sue in court to collect unpaid wages. You may use Small Claims Court if your losses are less than $5,000. Consider contacting an attorney if your losses are greater.

    U.S. Department of Labor
    Francis Perkins Building
    200 Constitution Ave., NW
    Washington, DC 20210
    1-866-4-USA-DOL (1-866-487-2365) 

    Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
    1515 Arapahoe, Tower 2, Suite 400
    Denver, CO 80202

    Jefferson County Small Claims Court
    100 Jefferson County Parkway
    Golden, CO 80401

    Gilpin County Small Claims Court
    Justice Center
    2960 Dory Hill Rd.
    Golden, CO 80403

    Mediation Services Program - Contact the Economic Crime Unit for a referral at 303-271-6931 or obtain a copy of the General Mediation Request Form.

    Last Updated: 1-16-2014
  • The filing of a criminal charge is merely a formal accusation that an individual has committed a crime(s).
    A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. See Colo. RPC 3.6.