• Contact Information

    Disability Services


    7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

    Contact Us

    900 Jefferson County Pkwy
    Human Services Building
    Golden, CO 80401

    Aid to the Blind and Aid to the Needy and Disabled

    Fax: 303-271-4040

  • Disability Services


    The mission for Disability Services is to strengthen individuals, families, and communities by promoting their safety, stability, and independence.

    • Aid to the Blind 
      Provides cash assistance to eligible low-income Colorado residents, who from birth are determined disabled due to blindness.
    • Aid to the Needy and Disabled 
      Provides financial assistance for eligible low-income Colorado residents who are temporarily or permanently unable to work due to a disability condition.
    • Developmental Disabilities Resource Center 
      Provides developmental disability programs and services in Colorado, including Early Intervention Services. DDRC is a partner provider and not a program of Jefferson County.
    • Home Care Allowance 
      Provides cash assistance to elderly and disabled individuals for services paid directly to a home care provider of the client’s choice.
    • Long Term Care 
      Determines financial eligibility for ongoing medical or non-medical support for adults over the age of 18 who may have a chronic illness or disability and need long term care or disabled children who are at risk of institutionalization in a hospital or nursing facility and who would not otherwise be eligible for Medicaid due to parental income and/or resources.
    • Veterans Services 
      The Veterans Services Office is there to help residents of Jeffco who served in the United States military.
    • Vocational Rehabilitation 

      Assists persons with disabilities to succeed at work and to live independently.

    • Authorized Representative Form asset icon

      In order to speak on the behalf of, of gather any information about, the individual receiving benefits, you must get this authorized representative form signed and into the proper Human Services area.

      Once filled out and signed, please scan and email the form to EMASintake@jeffco.us or fax to 303-271-4040.


  • USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

    To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).