• Contact Information

    General Financial Assistance


    7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

    Contact Us

    900 Jefferson County Pkwy.
    Human Services Building
    Golden, CO 80401

  • Child Care Assistance Program 

    Helping parents EARN, ENGAGE, and LIVE. Helping children THRIVE!

    Is the cost of child care affecting your job, finding a job, or continuing education? We know having quality child care is one of your top concerns and it can be expensive. Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) can help! We provide financial assistance to eligible, low-income families who need child care benefits for children from birth to age 12.

    How do I get started?

    Families living in Jefferson County, meeting the program income guidelines and cooperating with Child Support Services are eligible. We may be able to pay a portion of costs - directly to a qualified provider. Additional requirements apply and can be reviewed once you apply for assistance.

    Who is eligible?

    • Parents who are working
    • Parents who are searching for a job (up to 60 days) 
    • Teen parents (up to age 21) in a high school diploma, GED program, certificate or vocational education program
    • Parents needing child care for up to 24 months for post-secondary education or training (up to first Bachelor's Degree or less)
    • Parents attending training for GED, ESL, or Adult Basic Education, for up to 6 months
    • Families receiving Colorado Works/TANF that are completing countable work activities on their Individual Responsibility Agreement
    • Applicants must be residents of Jefferson County
    • If applicable, parents must continue to cooperate with Child Support Services
    • Applicants must meet income standards


    Ways to apply:

    There are two ways to apply:

    1.)  Walk-ins are accepted at the Laramie Building, 3500 Illinois Street, Golden, CO. Visit American Job Center for hours.

    2.)  Apply online using PEAK.You are now leaving the jeffco.us website to an external site

    To apply, you will need:

    • Birth certificates for children
    • Parent ID Card
    • Proof of residence in Jefferson County
    • Proof of monthly income 


    How do I find quality child care?

    Decide the type of care best for your family. Visit Qualistar.org to find quality child care. Learn about your options, visit and ask questions, then take a closer look. Not all providers are the same and some hold additional certifications and credentials. Please note, CCAP availability varies with each provider.

    Check any licensing history for licensed or registered childcare providers by visiting http://www.colorado.gov/apps/jboss/cdhs/childcare/lookup/index.jsf.You are now leaving the jeffco.us website to an external site

    More information

    Questions? Call 303-271-4484.

    For more information visit the Colorado Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance web page.View exit disclaimer policy page for links to third-party websites.

    Download a copy of the Child Care Assistance Flyer.Adobe PDF Icon

    Last Updated: 4-20-2016