• Contact Information

    Mediation Services


    hours vary

    Contact Us

    700 Jefferson County Parkway
    Suite 220
    Open Space Building
    Golden, CO 80401

  • Request and Qualify for Mediation

    What Qualifies for Mediation at JCMS?


    Divorce/Parenting Time/Child Support/Post-Divorce

    JCMS can only accept domestic cases where parties have an open Jeffco Child Support Services (CSS) case, or are referred by Jefferson County’s Children Youth and Families division (CYF). If you have a case with CSS or CYF please contact your technician or caseworker and ask them to send a referral to mediation for you.

    If you do not have a referral for our free services, please contact us about our referral list of private mediators. If you have questions about qualifying, contact Mediation Services.


    Neighbor Issues

    If you live in Jefferson County, almost any type of disagreement you are having with your neighbor can be mediated.  This includes:

    • Noise Issues:
      • Stereos
      • Motorcycles
      • Children
    • Problems with:
      • Overhanging tree
      • Damage to fence
      • Tree
      • Property line issue
      • Trash
      • Yard maintenance

    To request mediation, please complete and send us the General Mediation Request Form - see below.                          


    Money Disputes

    Jefferson County Mediation Services can help with money disputes as long as the total amount in dispute is $15,000 or less. If you would like to start a mediation case, please contact Mediation Services. Or, if you prefer, you can download the Civil Mediation Request Form (see below), fill it out and return it.


    Everything Else

    If you have a dispute with your child’s school, with family members or something else you do not see listed on our site, please complete and send us the General Mediation Request Form - See below.                                   

    We will review your request to see if we can help you. If not, we may be able to suggest other places you can contact to seek assistance.


    Jefferson County Staff

    If you are a Jefferson County employee and would like to refer clients to mediation, please download our Agency Referral Form - see below.   


    Please be sure to download the form, save it to your computer, fill it out, save again to your computer and then attach it to an email to Mediation Services