Jefferson County library cards are available to all Colorado residents free of charge. Register for a card at the Checkout/Accounts Desk of any Jefferson County Public Library.
Some of the smartest people in Colorado have library cards. Find out who!
If you don’t have a library card, apply for one today.
Benefits of owning a library card:
- Valid as long as you use it at least once every three years.
- Most items can be checked out for 21 days. (Note: Some items have different loan periods.)
- Browse and select from DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks on tape or CD.
- The library has tax forms, as well as county, federal and state government documents.
- Check out materials from any of the 10 Jefferson County Public Library locations, and return or renew them at any of these libraries.
- Access items from other public and academic libraries in the metro area, state and nation through our cooperative agreements.
- All information about your borrowing is confidential.
- Your Jefferson County library card and proper I.D. enables you to use any participating COLORADO LIBRARY CARD library.
- Access our high-quality subscription databases for free.
- View your library account, place and cancel holds, select pick-up locations and renew materials from Library computers or from a computer with Internet access at home, work or school.