The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has completed its investigation into the Plainview fire that occurred on January 10, 2006. Investigators plan to present the investigation to the district attorney's office in the coming days.
The fire, which started at 6:30 p.m., burned throughout the night and into the following day. The fire consumed over 2,700 acres of grassland, damaged two out buildings and endangered many homes and businesses. More than 200 personnel from 26 different agencies were involved in the fire fighting effort. A total of 61 fire engines and 15 water tankers were utilized to extinguish the fire. The estimated cost for fire suppression may exceed $187,000.
The suspects have been identified as:
- Jonathan Northhaft, dob 02-14-87
- Brandon Busby, dob 10-20-87
- Joshua Greenberg, dob 11-27-87
The two other suspects are 17 years of age.
All five suspects may be cited for:
- 4th Degree Arson, a class 4 felony
- Firing Woods and Prairies, a class 2 misdemeanor
- Defacing Property, a class 2 misdemeanor
- 3rd Degree Trespass, a class 1 petty offense