Sheriff Ted Mink and the men and women of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will host the annual Sheriff’s Safety Fair at the Summerset Festival in south Jeffco's Clement Park, September 18 and 19. 7306 W. Bowles Ave., Littleton
The Sheriff's Safety Fair is a fun-filled event for all ages, featuring interactive booths, demonstrations and activities! The Sheriff's Office hosts this annual fair to engage our community in taking steps to stay safe and healthy.
Saturday, Sept. 18, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 19, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summerset Festival, Clement Park
Learn about everything from disaster preparedness and child safety to identity theft and Internet predator information. Check out special units and community programs from the Sheriff's Office and other safety groups. We're offering free child fingerprinting, as well as crime-prevention tips and tools you can put to use at home and at work.
Exhibits by our partners will include:
- Boating/water safety: Colorado State Parks
- Avoiding coyote conflicts, urban wildlife safety: Colorado Division of Wildlife
- "Safe Choices" crashed car display: the Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association
- Teen driver education: Alive at 25
- Child Internet safety: The First Judicial District Attorney's Office/CHEESO Internet predator investigators
- School safety and anti-bullying: Safe2Tell, Jeffco school resource officers
- Auto theft prevention: Investigators from the Metro Auto Theft Task Force
- Kids' fire safety/prevention and smoke trailer: Littleton Fire Department
- Health tips and flu prevention: Jeffco Public Health