Jefferson County, Co. – On March 7, 2011 at about 12:45 p.m., Jefferson County deputies responded to the Evergreen Lutheran Church at 5980 Highway 73 in reference to a man masturbating in the front office. Around 10:00 a.m., the man entered the church and told a female employee that he lived nearby, was walking, and needed to get warm. The man went further into the church and the employee lost sight of him. At around 11:00 a.m., the employee noticed the man was still in the church. She returned to her work and lost sight of him once again.
At about 12:45 p.m., the employee saw the man for the third time as he entered her work area, masturbating. The employee yelled at the man to “Get out,” and confronted him. The man then groped the employee before running from the church.
The suspect is described as:
• A white male believed to be in his early twenties with youthful features
• Medium length brown hair and no facial hair
• Stocky build, all though he was wearing many layers of clothing which may have added to his perceived size.
• Wore a braided winter hat with the tassels hanging down on both sides. The hat was gray or brown with a dark circular band above the brow.
• Waist length dark blue parka, a gray fleece sweater or jacket, and a pair of dark work pants that resembled mechanic’s work pants
Anyone who has information regarding this assault is encouraged to call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office tipline at 303-271-5612.