Status as of March 22, 2011 at 7:30 a.m.
Jefferson County, Co. – The status of the Indian Gulch fire is as follows:
- 1162 acres burned
- 15% containment
- 200 firefighters working the fire
- Fire moved west overnight; 2 homes required structure protection
- Of the 100 reverse 911 calls issuing evacuation orders yesterday, 17 were to homes while with the other calls were local businessess.
- 2 single engine air tankers standing by to make fire retardant drops
- 2 helicopters standing by to make water drops
- Wind gusts of up to 70 mph are expected today which could result in a small window of opportunity for air support.
- Golden Gate Canyon Road is closed from Catamont Drive to Crawford Gulch.