Jefferson County, Co. – As of March 22, 2011 at 3:00 p.m., the status of the Indian Gulch fire is as follows:
- The Indian Gulch Fire is approximately 20-25% contained.
- The fire is creeping and smoldering in Ponderosa Pine and Douglas Fir, mostly on the north, northwestern flank of the fire though the fire remains active on all of its perimeters.
- 7,000 gallons of fire retardant has been dropped, mostly on the south, southwest perimeters of the fire.
- All aircraft are currently grounded due to increased winds over the fire ground.
- Evacuations are still in place and Golden Gate Canyon Road remains closed for safety during fire operations.
- The current cost of the fire to date is $680,000.00