The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Victim Services Unit is seeking volunteers to help assist victims of crime and trauma by providing immediate crisis intervention, referrals and support. Volunteer staff will work directly with deputies, investigators and other county agencies. The ability to drive at night is essential for this position.
This position requires reliability, integrity, discretion and commitment. Because we are looking for a select and elite group of volunteers, they must meet the following criteria:
· Be at least 21 years old
· Complete application process including background and polygraph investigation
· Attend 40 hours of initial training conducted evenings and weekends
(Scheduled for March of 2007)
· Attend regularly scheduled monthly information/training sessions
· Be on-call by pager and available to respond three consecutive days per month
· Have reliable transportation
· Be able to cope with emotional and stressful situations
We are seeking additional volunteers to enlarge the current program. Training will include information on sexual assault, domestic violence, the criminal justice system, crisis intervention techniques, community resources and sheriff's office structure.
Those with bilingual capabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Interested persons should contact Andi Martin at 303-271-5570.