Jefferson County, Colorado ? The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Victim Services Unit is seeking volunteers to help assist victims of crime and trauma by providing immediate crisis intervention, referrals and follow-up support. Volunteer staff will work directly with deputies, investigators and other county agencies.
This position requires reliability, integrity, discretion and commitment. Volunteers are scheduled to work during the evenings and weekends. The scheduling is based upon availability. Any illegal drug use during the past five years will result in termination of the applicant?s consideration. Because we are looking for a select and elite group of volunteers, they must meet the following criteria:
· Be at least 21 years old
· Complete application process, which could take up to six weeks, including background and polygraph investigation
· Attend 40 hours of initial training conducted evenings and weekends
· Attend regularly scheduled monthly information/training sessions
· Be on-call by pager and available to respond three consecutive days per month
· Have reliable transportation
· Be able to cope with emotional and stressful situations
We are seeking additional volunteers to enlarge the current program. Training will include information on sexual assault, domestic violence, the criminal justice system, crisis intervention techniques, community resources and sheriff's office structure.
Interested persons should contact Susan Sylvester at 720-377-2003 for more information and pre-screening.