Volunteering at Hiwan
The Hiwan Homestead Museum offers many volunteer opportunities for those interested in history and museum operations.
For additional information, please contact the Museum Administrator at 720-497-7650.
Give guided tours of the museum and discuss local history with visitors.
Greet and keep track of visitors to the museum, monitoring the front entrance area.
Teach the weekday morning school programs during the regular school year.
After School Program:
Teach various traditional craft classes for small groups of students.
Assist in planning and installation of exhibits and care of artifacts.
By Volunteering You Can...
- Meet new people in the Evergreen and surrounding communities
- Learn the history of the area
- Have fun
- Assist the museum in its day-to-day operations
- Receive opportunities to travel to other museums, attend the annual volunteer luncheon, and other events not available to the public
- Learn valuable new jobs skills
- Share your enthusiasm for history with children and adults
For more information:
Hiwan Homestead Museum
4208 S. Timbervale Drive
(just off Meadow Drive)
Evergreen, Colorado 80439
Last Modified: Mar 28, 2009 10:17 PM