header background image
Current Weather 61° F
  • Public Health

    I want to make food in my home and sell it. How do I get a food service license?


    A licensed kitchen is required; this must be separate from your household kitchen. A restaurant kitchen may be rented during off-hours, or some church kitchens are properly equipped and can be used. This department must approve your planned location and then provide an application for a food service license.


    A plan review packet may be obtained through this office. A Colorado sales tax license must be obtained before this department will issue a food service license. You should also check with your local zoning department about the legality of home businesses in your area.

    Last Updated: 3-20-2013