by Public Information
comments open from Oct. 17 until Nov. 5
Denver’s great fall climate has allowed West Rail crews to continue construction with little interruption.
In May 2011, the RTD Board of Directors approved the station names for the West Rail Line. The final station names are as follows:
>> Auraria West
>> Federal Center
>> Red Rocks College
>> Jefferson County Government Center•Golden
Current and Ongoing Activities
• Work continues on the parking garage and station at the Jefferson County Government Center. Work on the structure should be completed by the end of November 2011 and station and guideway work will continue through the winter months.
• The track crossing and reconstruction of Johnson Road was successfully completed during the month of September. Johnson Road is now open into the Jefferson County Government Center.
• Track crews are distributing ties and rail from Johnson Road to the west end of the Jefferson County Government Center.
• Roadway improvements continue to require lane closures on Union Boulevard and the 6th Avenue on and off ramps at Union Boulevard. Construction on the southbound lanes of Union Boulevard will continue through November however, construction on the northbound lanes will be postponed until the spring of 2012.
• Crews continue to phase the excavation of the light rail tunnel under Union Boulevard. The entire depth of the tunnel should be completed by mid-November.
• Road reconstruction on Ulysses Street has been postponed until the spring of 2012.
• The track crossing at Routt Street is scheduled to begin the week of October 24 with construction of the North Avenue track crossing scheduled to begin immediately thereafter.
Information contained in this post adapted from the FasTracks newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter or get the latest information, see the FasTracks West Corridor website.