by Jennifer Fairweather, Human Resources Director
comments open from March 29 until April 17
You may find that the application process includes open ended questions for many of our positions at Jefferson County. These questions generally ask that you provide additional information about your skills, qualifications or work experience.
The answers to these questions are often used to further determine the best qualified applicants for a particular position. Because of this, it’s very important to answer these questions thoroughly and with enough detail to provide an overview of the skills you have.
Here are some quick tips for answering these types of questions:
1. Read the question thoroughly and respond to the information being requested.
2. Do not leave the response blank or answer the questions ”see resume.”
3. Check your responses for proper grammar and spelling mistakes.
4. Provide responses that are detailed yet succinct. Remember the reviewers have several responses to read.
5. When asked about your experience, be sure you provide specific information – where, when, what and how.
These simple tips are additional ways to aid in a successful job search. Job opportunities for Jefferson County are posted on our website at www.jeffco.us/jeffcojobs.htm.