by Jennifer Fairweather, Human Resources Director
comments open from May 22 until June 10
Many of us work in an office setting where we may be sitting for a long time. However, there are a few simple things you can do during your workday to increase the amount of steps and exercise you get.
1. Park farther away from your building requiring that you walk additional steps just to get into the office.
2. Take the stairs to your work area instead of the elevator.
3. Have a walking meeting with a coworker; instead of sitting at a table – go for a walk!
4. Use the restrooms that are farthest from your office to add more steps into your breaks.
5. For lunch, try to walk to a different location to purchase or eat your meal.
6. And don’t forget the weekends! Try to increase steps while running errands by parking farther away in parking lots, walking instead of driving (where possible), and going out of your way to increase how much you walk around your home.
These are easy ways to increase your daily steps that once incorporated into your routine, become a daily habit!