Sheriff's Safety Fair
Join us at the 2013 Summerset Festival!
The Sheriff's Safety Fair is a fun-filled event for all ages, featuring interactive booths, demonstrations and activities for everyone! The Sheriff's Office hosts this annual fair at the Summerset Festival to engage our community in taking steps to stay safe and healthy.
VIEW 2011 PHOTO GALLERY
Learn about everything from disaster preparedness and kids' safety to identity theft and Internet predator information. Check out special units and community programs from the Sheriff's Office and other participating agencies (below). Whether you're eight or 80, you'll find something at the Sheriff's Safety Fair that can help you stay safe!
29th Annual Summerset Festival
September 13-15th, 2013
Sheriff's Office displays, info booths and other highlights:
- Animal Control
- Dispatch featuring Smart911
- Crime Prevention
- K-9 teams and demonstrations
- Bomb Squad
- "Kookie the clown" and Charlie Check-First info (kids' safety)
- Disaster preparedness info
- Information on careers and youth programs
Safety programs from our event partners (subject to change):
- Boating/water safety: Colorado State Parks
- Teen driver education: Alive at 25
- Child Internet safety: The First Judicial District Attorney's Office/ CHEESO Internet predator investigators
- School safety and anti-bullying: Safe2Tell, Jeffco school resource officers
- Flu and other health info: Jeffco Public Health
- Sports injury prevention: Centura Health
- Auto theft prevention: Metro Auto Theft Task Force/Lockdown
- Alcohol awareness: Alcoholics Anonymous
- Hiking/wilderness safety: Alpine Rescue Team
The Summerset Festival is held at Clement Park in southeast Jefferson County and draws an estimated 40,000 people each year over a two-day weekend. Dozens of food vendors, arts and crafts booths, educational booths and children's activities populate the festival, along with events like a car show, pancake breakfast and live music. Clement Park is located at the intersection of Pierce and Bowles.
For more information or to join us, please contact Amber Luttrell, Community Relations manager, at 303-271-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 19, 2012 03:57 PM