Columbine High School Shootings
The following is a list of items pertaining to the Columbine High School Shootings of April 20, 1999, that have been released to the public.
To view any Sheriff's Office news releases regarding Columbine since August 2005, please visit our news releases page.
With the exception of the last five items, all Columbine documents are now released by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, Records Unit. In March 2007, most paper documents were converted to CD to provide a more user-friendly format for customers, as well as to standardize and simplify processing, shipping and associated fees.
To obtain released items, please follow the procedures below:
1. Download application.
An Application for Columbine Documents (PDF) must be completed, listing the item number and item(s) requested. If necessary, this application form can be faxed, mailed or emailed to you.
2. Submit application.
Submit the application form, with your signature, to:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
200 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden CO 80401
Fax: (303) 271-5552 or
Telephone: (303) 271-5542
3. Shipping arrangements.
For U.S. addresses: Fees listed for each item include shipping and handling charges. Fees can be paid by cash (in person only), check, money order or credit card. Make checks payable to JCSO. There is a place for credit card information at the bottom of the application form. Records accepts MasterCard or Visa only.
For international addresses:
Fees listed for each item include shipping and handling charges. Shipping requirements may vary from country to country.
- Fees must be paid in U.S. currency or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa only).
Columbine Records Available for Public Release
(1) $15.00 Sheriff's Office Final Report on the Columbine High School shootings on CD (Released May 15, 2000).
(2) $10.00 Littleton Fire Department video and raw helicopter footage by Channel 4 on VHS tape (Released April 26, 2000).
(3) $30.00 Cafeteria surveillance on DVD (Released June 7, 2000).
(4) $10.00 "Rampart Range" footage DVD (Released October 21, 2003). The footage contains graphic language.
(5) $10.00 "Crowd" footage DVD (Released February 26, 2004). Approximately 38 minutes of crowd footage filmed by JCSO Crime Lab outside Columbine High School after 1 p.m. on April 20, 1999.
(6) $10.00 Klebold/Harris footage DVD (Released February 26, 2004). Miscellaneous footage of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold retrieved from school or given to JCSO by citizens. Segments dubbed onto master DVD.
(7) $25.00 Two CD-ROM set of the Jefferson County 911 and dispatch audio (Released August 7, 2000).
(8) $25.00 Denver dispatch cassette tapes containing 7 1/2 hours of communication (Released March 6, 2003).
(9) $30.00 11,000 pages of investigative files on one DVD (Released November 21, 2000). Main release of reports.
(10) $15.00 Additional investigative files (Released August 8, 2001) on one CD containing:
- Additional ancillary reports (tips, Internet, threats, and connected reports)
- Audio cassette of Jefferson County 911 dispatch tape (missed side of tape from previous release)
- Two large crime scene diagrams (from CD)
(11) $15.00 Printout of evidence log on CD (Released April 2001). This is only 200 pages long and duplicative of the evidence books released later.
(12) $15.00 Evidence books on CD (Released May 11, 2001).
(13) $15.00 Crime Scene Processing Team reports and sketches on CD (Released June 19, 2001).
(14) $15.00 FBI Crime Scene Processing Team reports and sketches on CD (Released September 5, 2001).
(15) $3.00 Colorado Bureau of Investigation laboratory report, 5 pages (Released May 31, 2000). Note: This report is included in the 11,000 pages of investigative files that were released later.
(16) $15.00 CBI laboratory report on CD (Released February 6, 2002).
(17) $15.00 Misc. items on CD containing the following:
- Draft search affidavit (Released April 10, 2001)
- CD (audio) of the shoot team interviews (Released April 10, 2001)
- Written transcript of an interview with Columbine High School Community Resource Officer Neil Gardner, and the executive summary of the library investigative team (Released April 10, 2001)
(18) $15.00 Warrants book on CD (Released June 9, 2003).
(19) $15.00 Tracking sheets, investigative index and other Columbine documents on CD (Released January 8, 2003).
(20) $15.00 Fifty-seven pages of documents that show slight differences from previously-released originals, and documents that were inadvertently unreleased
on CD (Released 2003).
(21) $15.00 FBI report of interview with Randy, Judy and Brooks Brown on CD (Released May 22, 2001).
(22) $15.00 Additional pages/Harris Web site: 1997 memo and Web pages on CD (Released October 30, 2003).
(23) $15.00 936 pages of documents seized from Harris and Klebold residences/vehicles on CD (Released July 6, 2006). Pages are in PDF format on a single CD.
*Note: All orders must be paid in U.S. currency and must provide an exact mailing address.
Columbine Records Available from Other AgenciesPlease contact the listed agency directly for information on obtaining copies.
Autopsy summaries (Released February 6, 2001). Contact Jefferson County Coroner's Office, 800 Jefferson County Parkway, (303) 271-6480. Must pick up in person. $1.25 per page.
Klebold autopsy reports (Released February 23, 2001). Contact Jefferson County Coroner's Office, 800 Jefferson County Parkway, (303) 271-6480. Must pick up in person. $1.25 per page.
El Paso County Sheriff's Report (Released April 10, 2002). Contact El Paso County Sheriff's Office: 719-520-7144.
Juvenile-diversion-program documents (Harris); (Released November 4, 2002). Contact Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, 500 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401. 303-271-6800.
Juvenile-diversion-program documents (Klebold); (Released November 22, 2002). Contact Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, 500 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401. 303-271-6800.
Mar 28, 2009 10:17 PM