Who We Are
The Reserves volunteer their time and talents to assist the Sheriff's Office deliver its day-to-day law enforcement services and to assist during emergencies. Reserves may be given a wide variety of assignments. All reserve deputies are required to maintain the same high standards of conduct required of any deputy sheriff.
To apply for a reserve deputy position, you must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Be 21 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Submit to background check
- Be a high school graduate
- Submit to medical and psychological tests
- Possess a valid Colorado driver's license
- Possess qualities of honesty, maturity, self-discipline and sound judgment
- Able to perform essential job functions
Approved candidates will attend a 300-hour reserve sheriff's academy.
What We Do
Assignments include: Patrol and law enforcement duties; neighborhood speed trailer deployment; prisoner/fugitive extraditions; crime-prevention presentations; bicycle and mounted patrol duties; search and rescue; crime scene security; and detention and civil operations.
Fill out the online "Volunteer" application. If you have questions, contact Training and Recruiting Section at 303-271-5332.
May 11, 2011 04:42 PM