• Transportation and Engineering Banner 671x92
  • Access and Grading Permit


    Access and Grading permits are issued by the Jefferson County Planning and Zoning Division.

    See the Planning and Zoning Forms and Applications page to find the Grading Permit and Access permit.  

    Earth Mover

     A grading permit, or notice of intent (NOI), is issued by the Planning and Zoning Division. Transportation and Engineering inspectors will check your site for stormwater and erosion controls. Keeping sediment on the construction site is not the only criteria for compliance. The stormwater permit is based on Best Management Practices (BMP). The BMPs detailed on your stormwater management plan must be installed, maintained and functioning, regardless of the weather.