Monday - Friday7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The Major Thoroughfare Plan is undergoing an update in 2017. Click here to find out how you can become involved in the process.
Factors that will be assessed include:
Yes, there are two groups of roadway standard templates that include streets and roads, each with pedestrian and bicycle design standards:
The Jefferson County Planning Commission is authorized to approve updates and changes to the MTP.
1. Staff is seeking public input through the end of 2016 for potential additions to scope of the MTP update beyond those listed below. 2. The scope of the MTP update will be presented to the Planning Commission in a public meeting tentatively scheduled for February 2017.
To provide your thoughts on the proposed updates to the Major Thoroughfare Plan, email the Transportation and Engineering Division.
Staff will bring a list of proposed updates to the Planning Commission in early 2017. These proposed updates will include but are not limited to:
1. Minor updates to be considered for further assessment included:
2. Staff is seeking public input for the changes, not listed above, to be considered by the Planning Commission
3. Staff is looking for input from incorporated cities within Jefferson County as well as the Colorado Department of Transportation and neighboring jurisdictions
4. The MTP will be evaluated alongside the County land use plans to ensure compatibility
5. The format of the plan will be updated to be more user-friendly by county staff and the public
100 Jefferson County Parkway Golden, Colorado 80419 (303) 279-6511
© 2013-2016 Jefferson County, CO.